Join Coach Powell and his team for these Vancouver Track Workouts. Tuesdays 6:30pm at the Kerrisdale Park Track. Improve running skills, power and speed.
Becoming a faster runner isn’t just about pushing hard during training. Develop your technical skills with Coach Powell’s guidance so that you can run faster and feel better.
Vancouver Track Workouts
Each year through the Fall and Winter
Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Winter 2018 Season – January 9th to April 10th
Summer 2018 Season – September 18th to Dec 11th
Cost: $75 for a season pass or $10 for drop-ins
To book drop-in sessions for the Vancouver track workouts, please visit Online Booking or download the free WellnessLiving Achieve Mobile App on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Kerrisdale Park Track, Vancouver
5670 East Boulevard (at 39th Avenue)
Google Map: Kerrisdale Park Track
Sign up for the newsletter. Stay informed about all upcoming running programs.
Andrew Powell is a triathlon coach in Vancouver & online for athletes of all levels. Improve your performance! Go above and beyond with Coach Powell!
Imagine conquering your biggest fear. Getting to a place you didn’t know existed for you. Achieving personal athletic goals so far out you couldn’t get there alone.
If any of these dreams describe you, then you’ve come to the right place. Stop dreaming! Make them happen!
With Vancouver triathlon coach Andrew Powell, you will go far beyond what you ever thought you could achieve. Here are just a few of the things you can expect:
- Confidence and performance at a level you’ve never reached before
- A clear understanding of scientifically proven training methods
- Expert support during training and races
How does Coach Powell get you to your goals? Let’s count the ways!
- A training protocol custom crafted just for you
- Personalized planning for your overall training
- Clear explanations of how to get to where you want to be
- Small steps toward achieving the big picture
- Attention to the different systems of the body and how to train them all
- A plan and purpose for each workout
- The right support for moving forward
As a result you will be:
- Acquiring a deeper understanding of yourself
- Developing confidence that you can achieve anything
- Learning to trust yourself and your capacities
- Training in your heart rate zone
- Training with assigned power zones (when applicable)
- Maximizing your efforts
- Achieving better organization of other aspects of your life
Creativity in Triathlon Coaching
Achieving your desired goals takes creativity, and creativity is one of Vancouver triathlon coach Andrew Powell’s top qualities.
“Every athlete is different and has personal goals,” says Coach Powell. “I’m very creative in designing the best training plan for each athlete.”
Coach Powell is committed to staying on top of new trends. “Even in athletics, we live in a fast-paced world, so innovation is key,” he says. “I’m constantly reading about new techniques and the latest science to make sure I’m up to date for my athletes.”
His athletes, some of whom have trained with him for years, attest that another of Coach Powell’s vital attributes is his personable approach. Says Coach Powell, “It’s all about each athlete, each individual. It’s about using my expertise to make sure they can get where they want to go.”
Are You Ready to Pursue Your Athletic Goals?
Vancouver triathlon coach Andrew Powell is more than an athletic coach. He creates a personalized program for every athlete. Then, through motivation, organization, goal setting and goal pursuit, he shows you how to make that program and its challenges your own.
Coach Powell’s motto:
“When excuses hold you back, Coach Powell will rescue you from yourself.”
Group Coaching Opportunities
Take full advantage of having a local Vancouver triathlon coach.
- Indoor/outdoor group cycling workouts
- Track running workouts
- Open water swimming
- Skills clinics
- Training Camps
Advantages of Long-term Training
Triathlon training is a long-term process. There’s no getting away from that fact!
Vancouver triathlon coach Andrew Powell has your best interests at heart, and he wants nothing better than to see you succeed! That’s why he recommends consistent, long-term training. With consistency and time, you will build your strength and endurance, and before you know it, you will be achieving your athletic and personal goals!
A professional bike fit is the first step to optimizing your comfort and cycling performance. Coach Powell is your certified Vancouver bike fit specialist.
From the foot pedal interface to proper seat and handlebar positioning, having your bike fit properly adjusted will allow you to get the most out of your bike. Riding a bike should be fun AND comfortable!
Enhance Your Comfort
First and foremost, riding a bike should be comfortable and enjoyable. Make the most out of your investment, don’t neglect this part of your experience. Having your body in the right position will keep your muscles more relaxed so that you can ride longer and further.
A poor bike fit can cause serious overuse injuries if left unchecked. The foot pedal interface is one of the most important aspects of a proper bike fit. If your cleats are not properly adjusted on your shoes and your saddle is incorrectly positioned, you could be causing unnecessary strain on your joints and muscles. At 90 pedal strokes per minute for each leg on a 3 hour ride, that’s 32,400 pedal strokes!
The benefits of a proper bike fit don’t stop with enhanced comfort, being in the right position will also improve efficiency and power. By improving your weight distribution and leverage over the pedals, a significant difference with regard to power and force can be felt throughout each pedal stroke.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a competive cyclist or a weekend warrior, having your fit dialled in could be the difference that allows you to keep up with your faster friends, out-sprint them on that favorite stretch of road or get on the podium at your next event!
Don’t delay any longer, contact Coach Powell today to schedule your Vancouver bike fit.
Road Fit: $220 (+gst)
Triathlon Fit: $250 (+gst)
As well as having several years of experience bike fitting and having raced at the professional level, Coach Powell has personally trained with some of the worlds leading bike fitters including Dan Empfield (Slowtwitch, F.I.S.T.), Paul Swift (BikeFit, CyclePoint) and Ian Murray (Guru, Cannondale Pro Team) and holds four certifications for Road and Triathlon bike fitting.
Thank you for visiting the Vancouver Bike Fit webpage.
Join a Vancouver outdoor cycling workout & learn how to implement technique & strategy into your rides. Connect with teammates & breathe in the fresh air!
Any cyclist will tell you that there is nothing like riding outdoors. A structured interval workout outside improves your overall power and speed as well as your hill-climbing ability.
Whether you are training for a Gran Fondo, a triathlon or simply training to stay fit, these interval based workouts will leave you feeling stronger than ever!
Results are guaranteed when you follow our weekly program.
- A different focus each week: for example, power/threshold intervals one week and strength/hills the next week.
- Technical tips and guidance in each session.
- Personal technical advice as you need it.
- A fun group that will motivate you to work hard each week.
All levels of road cyclists and triathletes are welcome! If you’re confident on your bike and can ride between 22 and 25 km per hour on flat pavement, you’ll have no trouble keeping up during these fun and challenging Vancouver outdoor cycling workouts.
* Please note that these are interval based workouts and not cycling lessons. Although you don’t need to be fast to ride with us, you do need to be comfortable riding your bike on the road and be willing to work hard and climb steep hills on occasion.
How do we do it?
- A group warm-up at a moderate pace to get the muscles ready.
- At the workout destination, a group workout that each individual can do at their own pace.
- If we’re doing hill repeats, then some people might do 4 repeats and others might do 6 depending on ability.
- The intervals are generally done on short loops or out-and-back sections of road which makes it easy for different levels of cyclists to train together.
Spring Season from April 17th to June 28th, 2018 – 11 WEEKS TOTAL
Summer Season from July 3rd to August 30th, 2018 – 9 WEEKS TOTAL
Every Tuesday and Thursday starting at 6:30pm
Please arrive 5-10min early, we meet on the grass near the picnic tables outsite the studio.
Rides start at the Coach Powell Studio located on the West side of Jericho Park.
1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, BC V6R 4K5
The Vancouver outdoor cycling workouts are generally held in the Jericho/UBC area.
* the Coach Powell Studio is at the South East corner of the building. To access the Studio, you need to walk on the grass, the door is in the South courtyard.
11 Week Spring Season – 2018
Every Tuesday or Thursday from April 17th to June 28th $188.00 for once per week
Single Drop-in Session $20.00
9 Week Summer Season – 2018
Every Tuesday or Thursday from July 3rd to August 30th $153.00 for once per week
Single Drop-in Session $20.00
* Prices shown do not include GST. Season registration guarantees you a spot each week for the specific day of the week that you are registered. If you would like to attend on multiple days each week for the entire season then you need to sign up for each of those days separately. Please note that occasional substitute coaches may stand in for Coach Powell when he is out of town. Sesssions will also continue as scheduled on holidays.
Sign up for the newsletter. Stay informed about Vancouver outdoor cycling as well as all upcoming cycling programs.
Take your training to the next level with online coaching! Coach Powell has the experience and creds to take you to new athletic heights!
Why hire a certified, dedicated, online endurance coach like Andrew Powell? Here are just some of the things he’ll do for you
- Create a fully customized and personalized training program.
- Keep you on top with up-to-date analysis of your training data.
- Give you ongoing, constructive feedback to help you motivate yourself and gain the skills you need.
What to expect from Coach Powell
With a tactical expert like Coach Powell, together you will
- Set goals and design a program to fit your schedule
- Create a training diary
- Set up an interactive online communication gateway where your training and performance data can be downloaded, tracked and analysed
- Use unlimited email and texting
No two athletes are alike
From long experience, Coach Powell knows this better than anyone. It’s for this reason that your online training program will be unique to you.
- Understand your heart rate training zones.
- Learn about your power training zones (when applicable).
- Stay in close contact with Coach Powell during your race, receiving whatever support you need.
- Receive an evaluation of your race.
- Together, maximize all your strengths for your next race with online coaching!