Ironman Canada Whistler Training Camp 2019
Join us from June 21st to 23rd, 2019 for a great weekend of triathlon training. Improve your skills and tactics at the Ironman Canada Whistler Training Camp!
Learn about proper strategy for pacing, training and race nutrition, efficient transitions and much more. All in a fun and fully supported and professionally coached group setting.
Whether you're training for an Ironman or Ironman 70.3, or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future, this camp will set you up with the skills you need to succeed.
Ironman Canada Whistler Training Camp Details
- Meet and greet at 6:00pm at the Whistler Athletes Centre.
- Presentation starting at 6:30pm in Whistler Athletes Centre conference room to go over each part of the swim course, the new bike course, and the run course to discuss strategy for race morning logistics, pacing, nutrition, mental approach, transition tactics, aid stations, special needs and everything else involved with race preperation. Race strategy applies to all long course races.
- Although we will be focusing on the Whistler Ironman Canada and Ironman 70.3 course, this will still be beneficial to all athletes who are signed up for other events or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future.
- Ride the new Ironman Canada and Ironman 70.3 bike course on Saturday which will be fully supported by vehicles and will include an optional brick run post ride.
- Distance will vary depending on ability and goals. Expect to be on the road for 4-7 hours or 90+ km's.
- Group dinner at a local restaurant.
- Supported run on the course, distance will vary depending on goals.
- Coached and supported open water swim practice.
You will need to book your own accommodation. The presentations will be held at the Whistler Athletes' Centre, rooms can be booked there at a fairly low cost although you can stay anywhere you choose and simply meet there in the morning, the Athletes' Centre is at Function Junction only a 10min drive from Whistler village.
Here are the details for the Athletes' CentreWhistler Athletes Centre Website and Booking - CLICK HERE
- Standard rooms $111 +gst - includes 2 single beds
- Moderate rooms $79 +gst - includes 1 single bed
- Premium rooms with a tv/fridge/patio may also be available upon request
- Please call the athletes centre to make a reservation.
* The rates are subject to change, please call the Athletes Centre for full details and current pricing as well as to book your own rooms.
Cost for the Training Camp
* the cost does not include accomodation or meals
Sign up now to reserve your spot!