Penticton Ironman Canada Training Camp
Join us from Friday May 15th to Monday 18th, 2020 for a great weekend of triathlon training. Improve your skills and tactics at the Penticton Triathlon Training Camp!
Learn about proper strategy for pacing, training and race nutrition, efficient transitions and much more. All this in a fun and fully supported and professionally coached group setting.
Whether you're training for an Ironman or Ironman 70.3 race or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future, this camp will set you up with the skills that you need to succeed.
Penticton Triathlon Training Camp Details
- Meet and greet at 6:00pm (location TBD)
- Presentation on Friday evening starting at 6:30pm in a conference room to go over camp details as well as race morning logistics, bike pacing, nutrition, mental approach, and transition tactics for Ironman Canada. Race strategy applies to all races, long and short. This information will be beneficial to all athletes who are either signed up for or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future. If you've been to one of our camps before, going over these details will still be benificial. Experienced athletes are also welcome to share their own experience during the discussion.
- Saturday will be a long supported bike ride on the Ironman Canada bike course, expect to ride at least 160km. The ride will be fully supported by vehicle. Expect to be on the road for 5-6 hours or 150+ km's. If anyone needs to stop the ride early for any reason, the support vehicle will be able to acoomodate up to 3 passengers with bikes if needed.
- Expect to be meeting for the ride at 7:45am and starting by 8:00am. Exact location details to come.
- Support vehicle will be fully loaded with tools and some spare parts (chains, tires, tubes, etc.) in case of any mechanical issues.
- There will be a cooler to store extra bottles
- Optional short brick run
- Group dinner on Saturday evening. Please note that the dinner is not included in the camp cost.
- Supported run on the course, distance will vary depending on goals.
- Coached and supported open water swim practice.
- Optional open water swim in the morning.
$220 +gst for the full triathlon camp
* the cost does not include accomodation or food
Sign up now to reserve your spot!