Penticton Triathlon Training Camp
Join us from Friday May 18th to Monday 21st, 2018 for a great weekend of triathlon training. Improve your skills and tactics at the Penticton Triathlon Training Camp!
Learn about proper strategy for pacing, training and race nutrition, efficient transitions and much more. All this in a fun and fully supported and professionally coached group setting.
Whether you're training for an Ironman or Ironman 70.3 race or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future, this camp will set you up with the skills that you need to succeed.
Penticton Triathlon Training Camp Details
- Medium distance supported ride. The ride will start mid morning in case people have arrived late on Thursday night.
- New bike route for 2018.
- Brick run.
- Presentation on Saturday morning in a conference room to go over race morning logistics, bike pacing, nutrition, mental approach, and transition tactics for triathlon. Race strategy applies to all races, long and short. This will information will be beneficial to all athletes who are either signed up for or aspiring to do a long course triathlon in the future. If you've been to one of our camps before, going over these details will still be benificial. Experienced athletes are also welcome to share their own experience during the discussion.
- Saturday will include a long bike ride in the Penticton area. The ride will be fully supported by vehicle with an optional brick run post ride. Distance can vary depending on ability and goals. Expect to be on the road for 4-7 hours or 100+ km's.
- New bike route for 2018.
- Group dinner on Saturday night.
- Morning presentation to go over the swim and run tactics, strategy, pacing, nutrition and mental approach for long course triathlon.
- Supported run on the course, distance will vary depending on goals.
- Coached and supported open water swim practice.
- Transition practice with proper race transition racks.
- Open water swim in the morning.
- Optional active recovery run.
Accommodation is not included. Although you can stay anywhere that you choose, a group rate has been secured at the Penticton Days Inn Conference Centre, this is also where the morning presentations will be held on Saturday and Sunday.
Here are the details for the Penticton Days Inn and Conference CentrePenticton Days Inn and Conference Centre Website - CLICK HERE
The following rooms have been reserved for us and they currently have extra’s of each room type, so we can adjust them however we like based on demand and availability.
- 3 Two Queen Beds Mountainview rooms, for a rate of $129.00 plus tax per night.
- 3 Two Queen Beds Poolview/Balcony (upper floor) rooms, for a rate of $139.00 plus tax per night.
- 3 Two Queen Beds Poolside/Patio rooms, for a rate of $149.00 plus tax per night.
- 2 One King Bed Poolside/Patio rooms, for a rate of $149.00 plus tax per night.
If you will be attending the Penticton Triathlon Training Camp, I suggest booking soon before rooms become unavailable. Rooms are subject to availability.
All of the rooms are held for arrival on Thursday 17th May, and departure on Monday 21st May, 2018.
Also, included at this rate is Wi-Fi, parking, and a continental breakfast each morning, (Hot Pancakes and syrup, Danish Pastries, English Muffins, Bagels and Cream Cheese, Hard boiled eggs, Toast and preserves, Cereals and milk, tinned and fresh fruit, coffee-tea-juice).
The hotel’s amenities include an indoor heated pool and hot-tub, outdoor pool and a private grassed/landscaped courtyard, modest fitness room, and they also have their award winning restaurant on-site, The Black Iron Grill and Steakhouse.
The hotel is conveniently located right next to Penticton River Channel Park, just a block and a half from Lake Okanagan Beach, and easy Highway 97 access.
Reserving rooms at this rate is easy, simply call the Front Desk Reservations at 250-493-6616 (menu option 1) at anytime (open 24 hours), and mention that you are booking into the Team Powell Group, for the above dates, and have your address and cc details handy.
* Please note that the cut-off date for these reservations is March 31st, 2018, after that, although rooms may still be available, any rooms not “picked up” will be released for sale to others.
$195 +gst for the full triathlon camp
* the cost does not include accomodation
Sign up now to reserve your spot!