Vancouver Open Water Swimming
Dial in your triathlon skills with these professionally coached Vancouver open water swimming workouts. Take your performance to the next level!
Train with like minded athletes, learn about proper race strategy and practice the skills that you need to be at your best. Whether you're planning to race at a sprint triathlon or an Ironman, these carefully crafted interval and skill enhancing workouts will help you to maximise your potential for your next race.
With lifeguards on shore to watch over the group as well as being directed from a kayak, the workouts offer a safe environment to train in the ocean.
Vancouver Open Water Swimming Details
Who can join these workouts?
- Beginners and experienced althletes are all welcome.
- You will fit right in, regardless of your pace. Swim paces between athletes varies from 2:45/100m to 1:15/100m.
- We swim a 400m loop close to shore, this keeps everyone at a safe distance from shore and allows for a wide range of abilities to swim together.
- You need to be comfortable being in the open water for 45-60min.
- Although we practice open water skills, these swims are workout based, it is not a swimming lesson. If you are planning to race in a triathlon or an open water event and are looking to improve your skills and endurance, these swims are for you.
- Although distance can vary, the workouts are usually between 1500m to 3000m depending on ability.
Triathlon Specific Swim Drills
- Race start simulations
- Drafting practice
- Sighting Practice
- Water exits to prepare for transition
Tactics and Strategy
- Race Specific strategies for various distances
- How to properly warm-up before your races
- Where to start for mass start swims
2021 Swim Schedule
Monday Evening From May 29th to August 23rd
Group 1 at 6:00 PM - Sold Out
Group 2 at 7:00 PM - Limited
Please contact us for availability and registration info
$215 +gst for 13 Swims
Locarno Beach, Vancouver
Meet at the Coach Powell Studio conveniently located on the West side of Jericho Park.
1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, BC, V6R 4K5
The Studio is located at the South East corner of the building, the entrance is in the South courtyard.
Bikes and bags can be locked securely inside the Studio during the workout.
Parking for the Vancouver open water swimming is free along Marine Drive and adjacent streets.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Vancouver open water swimming workouts.