Vancouver Open Water Swimming
Dial in your triathlon skills with these professionally coached Vancouver open water swimming workouts. Take your performance to the next level!
Train with like minded athletes, learn about proper race strategy and practice the skills that you need to be at your best. Whether you're planning to race at a sprint triathlon or an Ironman, these carefully crafted interval and skill enhancing workouts will help you to maximise your potential for your next race.
With lifeguards on shore to watch over the group as well as being directed from a kayak, the workouts offer a safe environment to train in the ocean.
Vancouver Open Water Swimming Details
Who can join these workouts?
- Beginners and experienced althletes are all welcome.
- You need to be comfortable being in the open water for 60min.
- Although distance can vary, the workouts often cover over 2000m of distance with loops of 600 to 700 meters.
Triathlon Specific Swim Drills
- Race start simulations
- Drafting practice
- Water exits to prepare for transition
Tactics and Strategy
- Race Specific strategies for various distances
- How to properly warm-up before your races
- Where to start for mass start swims
- May 28th to August 27th, 2017 - 14 Weeks Total
- Monday evenings
- Meet between 6:00 and 6:15pm to get ready
- Walk to the beach at 6:25pm
- Swim from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Locarno Beach, Vancouver
Meet at the Coach Powell Studio conveniently located on the West side of Jericho Park.
1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, BC, V6R 4K5
The Studio is located at the South East corner of the building, the entrance is in the South courtyard.
Bikes and bags can be locked securely inside the Studio during the workout.
Parking for the Vancouver open water swimming is free along Marine Drive and also at the rear of the Jericho Hostel building.
$195 +gst for the entire 14 week season From May 28th to August 27th, 2018
$20 +gst for a single session drop-in
Space is limited, sign up now to reserve your spot!
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Vancouver open water swimming workouts.