Vancouver Outdoor Cycling Workouts
Join a Vancouver outdoor cycling workout & learn how to implement technique & strategy into your rides. Connect with teammates & breathe in the fresh air!
Any cyclist will tell you that there is nothing like riding outdoors. A structured interval workout outside improves your overall power and speed as well as your hill-climbing ability.
Whether you are training for a Gran Fondo, a triathlon or simply training to stay fit, these interval based workouts will leave you feeling stronger than ever!
Results are guaranteed when you follow our weekly program.
- A different focus each week: for example, power/threshold/tempo intervals one week and strength/hills the next week.
- Technical tips and guidance in each session.
- Personal technical advice as you need it.
- A fun group that will motivate you to work hard each week.
All levels of road cyclists and triathletes are welcome! If you're confident on your bike and can ride between 22 and 25 km per hour on flat pavement, you’ll have no trouble keeping up during these fun and challenging Vancouver outdoor cycling workouts.
* Please note that these are interval based workouts and not cycling lessons. Although you don't need to be fast to ride with us, you do need to be comfortable riding your bike on the road and be willing to work hard and climb steep hills on occasion.
How do we do it?
- A group warm-up at an easy to moderate speed to get the muscles ready. We stay together for this.
- At the workout destination, a group workout that each individual can do at their own pace.
- If we are doing hill repeats, some people might do 4 repeats and others might do 6 depending on ability.
- The intervals are generally done on short loops or out-and-back sections of road which makes it easy for different levels of cyclists to train together.
Vancouver Outdoor Cycling will start on April 13th. Full details coming soon - current website details updated April 2nd
Every Tuesday from 6:00pm to 7:30pm
* If you would prefer to stay indoors, we also offer a weekly online session. Please check out our Zoom Cycling Interval Workouts
Rides start at the Coach Powell Studio located on the West side of Jericho Park.
1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, BC V6R 4K5
It is in the same building as the Jericho Hostel, we gather at the South end of the main parking lot.
The Vancouver outdoor cycling workouts are generally held in the Jericho/UBC area.
* the Coach Powell Studio is at the South East corner of the building. To access the Studio, you need to walk on the grass, the door is in the South courtyard.
We will respect and conform to all current social distancing guidelines.
Every person attending the sessions is expected follow the safety guyidelines set forth by the Public Health Officer.
Current guidelines require all participants to maintain a distance from 3 meters during activity, unless they are from the same household. Because of this, there will be no drafting allowed during the rides.
Any updates to these guidelines will be discussed at the start of each session.
Limited Capacity Rides Starting on April 13th
Please CONTACT us right away if you would like to attend, there are only a couple of spots remaining.
Drop-in sessions will not be available in 2021 (or until further notice based on current regulations)
Sign up for the newsletter. Stay informed about Vancouver outdoor cycling as well as all upcoming cycling programs.