Who is Coach Powell?
After moving from Montreal to Vancouver in 2006, Andrew became acquainted with triathlon. From the moment he first began his journey with the sport, he was hooked! He was attracted to the challenge of pushing limits, learning about himself and being part of a community full of amazing people with incredible stories. “I looked at triathlon as a way to change my life. It was a personal discovery for me and an area I had never ventured in to before”. With little experience in the disciplines of running, biking & swimming, Andrew found he was a natural. Within 5 years, he was racing professionally.
In 2012, he began his coaching career with LifeSport, learning from some of the best coaches in the world. Coach Powell became an entity in 2016, when he decided to strike out on his own. He had always imagined having a business, so it was a natural progression to full time coaching. Since then, he has learned a lot as an athlete and a coach. “My clients are continually challenging me with questions, which helps me grow and evolve as a coach and as a person. If I don’t know the answer, I do the research. Every week I learn new things.”
Andrew loves to share his passion for endurance sport with his athletes. He finds it extremely rewarding to be able to help his clients and share information with them in the same way that the triathlon community provided him with a feeling of support and belonging.
“I strive to provide all of my athletes with a feeling of EMPOWERMENT. Achieving goals can be rewarding in a multitude of ways”. Worldwide Endurance is an evolution towards creating a connection between like minded individuals across the globe. Why not? The possibilities are endless.
Let’s talk about YOUR experience and goals.
- Former pro triathlete
- Pacific Spirit triathlon club board member & coach (2010-11)
- Over 10 years coaching experience
- Team in Training head coach (2014-16) for triathlon & marathon
- Head coach University of British Columbia triathlon team (2017 to present)
- Regional champions 2018-2020
- NCCP trained triathlon & cycling coach
- Certified professional bike fitter
- Numerous podium finishes and race wins including:
- Multiple provincial AG championships; overall amateur in 2011
- National & provincial AG champion long course triathlon 2014
- 70.3 & ITU worlds long course championships qualifier & participant 2014 & 2017
- Fastest bike split & 5th place AG finish at Ironman Santa Rosa 2019
- Kona finisher 2019
- Prioritizing life & business success, Andrew is taking a temporary time out from racing. He looks forward to helping others realize their dreams !